Principal Designer | OwnerEKD is a full-service, boutique residential design studio focused on polished, yet approachable custom homes, with a nod to fresh, classic California style.
Bringing projects to life with diligent management, EKD engages from initial architectural concept through to turn-key furnishings, guiding clients from dirt to dreams.
Emily prides herself on a high touch, client-service model, ensuring that she is always at the helm both creatively and functionally. Liaising with a closely-knit network of talented builders, architects and craftsmen, Emily’s process ensures the successful completion her projects.
From expansive Hillsborough estates, and classic San Francisco abodes, to chic bungalows dotting Silicon Valley, EKD’s end goal is to create spaces that are not only a treat for the eye, but also functional and uniquely stylish reflections of those who inhabit them.
Prior to establishing EKD, Emily served as the Design Director of one of San Francisco’s premier interior design firms, during which time her work was featured in top design publications, including Elle Décor, Traditional Home, California Home & Design, SFC & G, Gentry and House Beautiful among others.PROCESS + SERVICES
- Assessment of client style, project scope, timeline and budget
- Comprehensive architectural review and recommendations- interior and exterior
- Detailed space planning and thorough finish specification
- Creation of detailed CAD drawings and specification documents for accurate construction bidding
- Design and implementation of millwork, trim and molding packages
- Custom cabinet, tile/stone and lighting design
- Window treatment, furniture, art and accessory sourcing
- Construction and project management
- Product purchasing, expediting
- Installation oversight and management